The role of the DCMO will be to assist the CMO with the planning, selection and appointment of medical staff to the various BUCS domestic events throughout the season, as well as helping to manage the medical services and equipment for these events.
The two main BUCS domestic events are “Nationals” & “Big Wednesday”, which take place on an annual basis (Provisional dates for 2023 are – Nationals: 24-26th February & Big Wednesday: 22nd March. It is expected that the DCMO will be available to attend at least one of these events.
This role would be particularly suited to someone aiming towards a career in Sport & Exercise Medicine, with an interest in pre-hospital event medicine and who is looking to build upon their management and leadership experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the CMO with the selection and appointment of doctors for BUCS Domestic events
- Creation of emergency action plans and other medical paperwork for BUCS events
- Assist with the management of the Medical Team and Medical services at Nationals and Big Wednesday
- Assist CMO with stock take and order of medical supplies in conjunction with the BUCS office
- Current full GMC registration
- 5 years post qualification
- Current certificate in pitch-side emergency care (e.g. FA AREA, ICIS, IMMOFP, SCRUMCAPS)
- Professional indemnity with a recognised provider (e.g. MDU, MPS, SEMPRIS) covering pre-hospital sports medicine work
- Able to demonstrate a regular clinical commitment to sports medicine
- Demonstrated a previous commitment to BUCS medical programme
- Familiarity with and proficient use of common IT software (Excel, Google docs, Microsoft Teams etc)
- 3 years experience of working within sport
- Experience across a diverse range of sports, including working with student athletes
- Completed or working towards a postgraduate qualification (Diploma or Masters degree) in Sport and Exercise Medicine or other relevant subject
- Member of Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine (MFSEM) or equivalent
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to respond to queries in a timely manner
- Flexible and conscientious approach to work
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to send a CV and Covering Letter to Alice Robinson at British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS).
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!