Technical Committee members will represent the BD Training Technical Committee and British Dressage to support all opportunities, activities and initiatives for BD Training in the UK. They will be part of the decision-making process for all technical matters, working closely with the Training Director and Training and Education Manager.
The vacant roles on the committee are:
- Coaching representative (must be BDCC qualified, ideally Level 3 and active at regional level)
- IDTC / National Technical Trainer
- Workforce/professional development (ideally with knowledge and understanding of quality assurance and/or qualification development and/or apprenticeship standards)
- Working proactively with the committee to explore and develop existing programmes and procedures
- Working proactively with the committee to develop new ideas and initiatives
- Developing and improving the development opportunities for coaches and stewards
- Working with the committee to maximise and improve existing event formats
- Supporting the further improvement of coach development pathways and activities
Requirements for the Role
Knowledge / Experience
- In depth knowledge relating to the role
- Knowledge of affiliated dressage and experience of dressage training, either as a rider, owner, trainer, or supporter
- Excellent organisational abilities – this is a hands-on role
- Being happy to do the regular and routine tasks to make things happen as well as the more involved developmental planning
- Approachable and open-minded attitude
- Enthusiasm for your specific subject and the sport of dressage
In addition to the above, members should:
- Have experience as a Director, Trustee or Committee Member in a sporting, commercial or public sector context would be preferable.
- Be IT literate with access to a computer.
Download Full Job Advert
Download full job description and person specification
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to BD.
Closing date: 3 July 2022
Interview date: 11 July 2022
BD is an equal opportunities employer where we value diversity and are strongly
committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and all applicants for
and come back later!