The Sustainability Manager will be a critical position within British Cycling, overseeing and measuring the environmental and social impact of our activities. The successful candidate will lead the development and delivery of British Cycling’s first ever Sustainability Strategy, which will include our ambition to achieve net zero and drive our broader organisational objectives, outlined in Lead our Sport, Inspire our Communities.
About the role – in this role, you will:
- Develop and implement British Cycling’s sustainability strategy and roadmap to net zero, including stakeholder consultation processes, materiality analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Integrate the sustainability strategy across our organisation and into our communities to create awareness of our objectives and how we are going to achieve them.
- Ensure that our sustainability strategy and principles are integrated and woven into core business operations and planning.
- Work with, and in some cases secure agreements with, external companies to measure impact(e.g. impact measurement; Carbon measurement and management; Risk and compliance,)
- Research and monitor sustainability trends in sports, good external practices, regulation and main developments in the market.
- Ensure the work environment and practices are socially and environmentally conscious.
- Act as a go to resource for our people, offering support, advice, and scalable best practise, on the subject of environmental impact and sustainability from across a range of sectors.
What we are looking for from you:
- 3-5 years of professional experience, working within and reporting on corporate sustainability.
- Comprehensive understanding of environmental metrics, reporting standards, and sustainability writing and reporting experience.
- Strong project management skills and experience managing complex, long-term workstreams and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable experience in delivering content for senior leadership and external leaders to secure buy-in on plans.
- Certification in a Business Sustainability Management or ESG programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one or more of the following areas preferred, but not essential: Business Sustainability, Environmental Science, Carbon Management & Accounting, Engineering.
- You will have a growth mindset both professionally and personally: we know we are not perfect, but we are incredibly keen to improve every day
- You will have a proactive attitude and ability to thrive in collaborative environment
- You can effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders across all seniority levels
- You are relentlessly focused on delivering measurable, objective, verifiable results
- Your passion for the positive impact that sports can have on our society is clear to all.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!