Why British Cycling?
British Cycling is one of the world’s most successful sports governing bodies. From winning Olympic and Paralympic gold medals to inspiring almost two million people to ride their bikes regularly, we are committed to making cycling the number one sport and activity of choice in Britain. Our growing membership of over 160,000 members is a testament to the appetite for cycling nationwide.
IT Systems and Support Technician
British Cycling is considered the best in the world in international competition. Current standings at Olympic and Paralympic level mean that we require the very best support with our digital platform, web service and business tools. We now have an exciting new opportunity for an appropriately experienced individual who can work innovatively and collaboratively to provide employees with digital tools to help them work, communicate and collaborate from wherever they are; as well as helping develop new and existing systems, utilising new technologies and processes along the way.
The IT and Digital Team are looking for an IT Systems and Support Technician who will:
- Report to the IT Operations Manager, demonstrating the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of the team and across British Cycling
- Working with a hybrid Active Directory and Azure Active Directory as well as the Office 365 suite, including the Microsoft Defender stack
- Be able to make a significant contribution to supporting day to day operational activity, assessing and responding to organisational requirements as necessary
- Collaborate with British Cycling’s outsourced IT managed service to provide support services to on-site users, remote users and also the organisation’s ICT infrastructure and systems
- Liaise with external suppliers to provide the best hardware and software solutions and packages
- Have a passion for providing top-class IT services and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with demonstrable organisational and high-quality customer service skills
- Experience with the recording of data and maintaining records (Documentation)
- Previous experience within a 2nd Line Support / IT Administrator / IT Technician / IT Helpdesk role
- Confident to diagnose and solve IT problems to a high 2nd Line level with minimal supervision
- Able to manage a busy and varied workload
- Experience in managing and maintain Azure office 365 systems
- Excellent working knowledge of various packages and systems, including Office 365, Windows 10, SharePoint
Download the full job description and person specification - RoleProfile-ICTSystemsandSupportTechnician.pdf
and come back later!