British Cycling is one of the world’s most successful sport’s governing bodies. From winning Olympic and Paralympic gold medals to inspiring almost two million people to ride their bikes regularly, we are committed to making cycling the number one sport and activity of choice in Britain through our purpose to Lead our Sport and Inspire our Communities. Our growing membership of over 150,000 members is testament to the appetite for cycling nationwide.
We are looking to recruit a Community Engagement Officer within our Community Programmes Team. The role is Manchester based, with regular time required at the British Cycling offices in the National Cycling Centre (2 days minimum a week). You’ll be a key part of an experienced and dynamic wider Participation team working together to deliver against key organisational priorities.
We are keen to hear from candidates that match the advert and role profile. Experience of cycling is not essential, but a willingness to learn and develop your knowledge will be. As well as an awareness of British Cycling’s Strategy “Lead our Sport, Inspire Our Communities”.
Key knowledge, skills and expertise required:
- Evidence of great communication and achievement within a high-volume customer service environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and process driven.
- Experience of providing a high standard of administrative support.
- Experience of working within a busy, diverse, target driven working environment.
- IT Literate – confident in the use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database.
What you will be doing:
- Being the first point of contact for all Community Programme volunteers, customers, Area Co-ordinators & stakeholders, always providing excellent customer service.
- Lead on the delivery of weekly operational processes to support the Community Programmes team and its volunteers.
- Lead the onboarding process of new Community Programme volunteers.
- Lead volunteer recognition for Community Programmes, developing reward and recognition plan and improving processes to value volunteers.
- Processing of quarterly volunteer expenses.
- Maintaining accurate records of team equipment and managing associated inventories, documents, and storage.
- Undertake specific customer service, project support and administration tasks assigned and delegated from the Community Programmes Manager.
- Support the development of consistent and effective volunteer tools, assets, and processes to aid the current and future volunteer network.
- Contribute to creating a high performing team with a positive, collaborative, cooperative culture that has a strong customer focus.
What are the perks?
- Competitive Salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Generous Holidays (25 days + bank holidays)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Life Assurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application. You will require a CV and Cover Letter.
Applications close on 2nd October 2023
and come back later!