Purpose of Role:
Bristol City FC requires a number of sessional physiotherapists/sports therapists to join our Academy Performance Support Department, covering weekend fixtures and various evening training sessions.
Each successful applicant will be required to provide pitch-side emergency care across a variety of age groups within the Academy system. This opportunity is ideal for Chartered Physiotherapists / Graduate Sport Therapists seeking experience in football.
- Responsible for providing emergency aid and treatment to academy age group teams at training sessions / fixtures.
- Responsible for ensuring thorough communication of injuries/illness.
- Working as part of the Performance Support Team to collaborate on effective and evidence based rehabilitation programmes.
- This role requires a dedicated individual who can inspire and instill togetherness, whilst both promoting and displaying innovation and independence.
- The individual must be able to implement knowledge upon practical scenarios and be adaptable when necessary
- The individual must be approachable, honest, with high levels of organisation and attention to detail
- The individual must have a knowledge of the required psychological impact of their role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle, organise and analyse injury, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Able to communicate effectively with multiple personnel across a variety of ages.
- Able to present themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to react appropriately, with composure, in emergency aid scenarios.
Experience of treatment and rehabilitation of a wide range of musculoskeletal injuries, including age group specific conditions.
- Have an appropriate, assessed first aid qualification, ITMMiF / equivalent or willing to attain
- Willingness to undergo a Full CRB check.
- Willingness to attend FA child protection workshop.
- Chartered Physiotherapist (MCSP) and Health Professionals Council (HPC) / Graduate Sports Therapist with professional accreditation i.e. BASRaT
- Paediatric experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and Cover Letter via 'Apply Now'
Applications close on 28th February 2023
and come back later!