Brisbane Junior Rugby Union provides a rugby experience for the Greater Metropolitan area of Brisbane and is the governing body for all junior club rugby. Junior Club Rugby is organised for boys and girls aged five to eighteen and the BJRU is responsible for managing all competition matches for 26 Junior Rugby Clubs, and 10,000 + players and volunteers.
The Competitions Manager is responsible for the design, implementation, management and administration of the BJRU competition structure at all junior levels of the competition format.
Representing Brisbane juniors at QRU, QRRA and RA meetings (as required), engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the game, to build long term relationships, and developing a professional competition structure.
The role will involve to administer and manage all BJRU competitions and ensuring compliance with the Competition rules across the 26 member clubs.
The position reports to the General Manager and BJRU Board working closely together to achieve the strategic goals of the Association.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and communicate all rules, policies and procedures for all club and representative programs and ensure they remain aligned to BJRU, Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) and Rugby Australia (RA) standards and protocols
- Develop and communicate all competition draws and a season calendar of events
- Manage the BJRU competition database and all member liaisons
- Responsible for season draws and referee appointments
- Ensure all fixtures are optional in Rugby Xplorer
- Collect results and maintain all competition tables
- Regularly liaise with Queensland Rugby Referees Association (QRRA) and administer competition judiciaries
- Ensure the efficient conduct of all Brisbane Junior Rugby Union Competitions
- Administer all blue card clearances
- Provide regular and consistent communication to all clubs
- Build and maintain strong relationships with member clubs, QRU and other local and interstate rugby union entities
- A high level of verbal and written communication, including the ability to liaise, manage and facilitate buy in with a diverse range of cultures and volunteer stakeholders such as club presidents, coaches, players, parents and state level administrators
- Competition Management system Rugby Xplorer experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the required components to conduct a sporting competition
- Must be able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Negotiation and people management skills highly important, with leadership qualities and conflict resolution skills evident.
- An understanding of Junior rugby competitions and how the sport operates in Queensland
- Proven ability to resolve / manage conflict and mitigate risks
- Proven ability to effectively liaise with a broad range of stakeholders
Tertiary qualification in business, sports management and / or equivalent experience relating to the role will be highly regarded.
Applicants also need to have the following requirements:
- A current blue card to work with children or be able to obtain one before placement
- Current Australian Open driver’s licence
This is a unique opportunity to make a positive contribution to the Brisbane Junior Rugby Union Community.
We invite you to apply now.
Please note, we will be reviewing and phone screening suitable candidates prior to the closing date therefore we encourage you to apply in the first instance.
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
- Sports Management / Business Degree
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application. You will require a CV and Cover Letter.
Applications close on 30th September 2022
and come back later!