BFCCST, established in 1987, is an award-winning charity with an annual income set to hit £4m per annum within the next 3 years. Working with key partners across the private, public and voluntary sectors it has achieved numerous accolades, including winning Football League Community Club of the Year award on four separate occasions.
- To plan, deliver and manage specific programmes that combine physical activity with mental health activities.
- To be responsible for the efficient capture, input, and management of participant information
- To report programme outcomes and impact, as required by the funders
- To signpost individuals to appropriate health and social care professional/services where required
- To be an advocate for best practice and promote the work of BFCCST within the community, including promoting positive physical and mental wellbeing practices
- To build and maintain good working relationships, both internally and externally, always maintaining a professional image
- To ensure all BFCCST safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to
- To promote our programmes to our target audience and engage with participants, ensuring sessions are well attended and meaningful for our target groups
Role Specification Essential:
- A degree or relevant qualification in a related subject area such as public health, sport psychology, health and social care
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of mental health and the role physical activity can play in its management
- Experience of delivering mental health interventions to targeted groups
- Demonstrable experience of programme management and delivery
- Excellent knowledge of societal health & wellbeing challenges and health-based systems
- An understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate (or willingness to update)
- Current Mental Health First Aid Certificate (or willingness to update)
- Current Safeguarding Certificate (or willingness to update)
- Previous exposure to working in partnership with the NHS to deliver health programmes
- Experience of marketing and growing programmes in hard to engage communities
- Knowledge of our local community and the issues being faced by residents
- A minimum Level 2 fitness instructor qualification
- Experience of delivering group exercise classes to a diverse range of participants
- Mind Mental Health Awareness for Sport & Physical Activity certificate
- FA Level 1 Football Coaching qualification
Download the Job Description to find out more on the Person Specification
Please submit your cv and cover letter by attaching them to the application via 'Apply Now'
The closing date for applications is 28th March 2023.
and come back later!