Accountabilities and objectives
Programme Leadership– Lead the design, implementation, and monitoring of the Boccia England competition programmes.
- Responsible for leading the development and strengthening of the Boccia England competition programme throughout England, including Regional and National Championships, Pan-Disability Boccia League, Teams, and Pairs.
- Contribute to the delivery of the strategic plan relating to competition.
- Support the coordination of quarterly reports on performance against competition programme and project targets in annual delivery plan, for the board and key stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of competition programmes on participation and other Boccia England measures, through a dashboard of measurable participation metrics.
Competition Development - Lead the effective development of the Boccia England competition programme.
- Lead contact for all aspects of competition development including working with other organisations to develop relevant and appropriate competition structures to extend participation in the sport.
- Promote competition pathways to new and existing players/clubs/organisations.
- Use insights to identify competition development opportunities.
- Work with the Head of Talent to ensure competition pathways enable talent identification and development.
- Lead the development of regional competitions through the provision of training and guidance.
- Support effective player classification processes for competitions in collaboration with Boccia England staff and volunteers.
Competition Delivery - Lead the effective delivery of Boccia England competitions.
- Act as Competition Manager at competitions.
- Co-ordinate venue sourcing, booking and provision of relevant competition information.
- Manage, maintain, and communicate programme information via the website and database and ensure effective marketing of events.
- Support the delivery of international competitions in line with UK Boccia bids.
- Collaborate with the Workforce Manager to ensure required support from trained officials and volunteers.
- Drive the delivery of local competition through existing and new partnerships.
Projects – Represent Boccia England on key projects linked to Sport England targets.
- Manage the planning and development of projects linked to major competitions and events.
- Prepare project reports and budgets.
Partnerships – Manage and sustain effective working relationships with key partners.
- Manage targeted relationships with national, regional, and local partners to deliver the competition programme.
- Support in the development of strong and dynamic relationships with external partners and stakeholders who wish to engage in partnership projects to achieve shared objectives through the delivery of boccia.
- Ensure Boccia England maximises the opportunities partnerships provide.
- Work with partners to support and develop competitions.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues on joint initiatives.
People Management – Manage event staff and volunteers to achieve the highest possible levels of performance.
- Effective management of event staff and volunteers including defining roles and responsibilities; clear communication; setting appropriate objectives; monitoring and reviewing performance; providing support and guidance.
Finance and Budget Management – Ensure effective control and reporting of budgets.
- Coordination of annual budget planning, managing, and phasing of budgets for own work programmes and projects.
- Effective management and monitoring of budgets for competition development and current projects, with clear means of measuring progress.
- Contribute to relevant funding bids.
- Manage own workload effectively.
- Be committed to continuous improvement.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service with both internal and external communications.
- Use and share knowledge and expertise to promote boccia and develop Boccia England.
- Be an advocate for Boccia England and the sport of boccia.
- Any other tasks or responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Head of Development.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant knowledge and experience, and what you could bring to our team to our team by clicking 'apply now'
and come back later!