To provide strength and conditioning to all academy players on a daily basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all elite players, promoting their well-being whilst maintaining professional boundaries;
- To support the Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach in providing sports science and strength and conditioning programs to all academy players as required;
- To assist in training load monitoring of all academy players;
- To ensure all academy players are fitness tested as EPPP requirements;
- To liaise with parents and coaches as required;
- To ensure all written evidence is up to date as EPPP requirements;
- To liaise with all BRFC staff on a daily basis;
- To create external links as required;
- To maintain and up to date CPD portfolio;
- Ensure best practice is followed at all times and players are receiving optimal advice at all times;
- To maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times;
- To assist with the departmental in-service training as and when required;
- Assist in the education of all players and parents as required in terms of physiological development, nutrition and performance;
- To assist in the collection and evaluation of ‘Psychometric Measures Questionnaire’ and daily screen;
- To assist and lead with the cool down, strength, movement re-training and stretching sessions with squads or groups of players as required by the department;
- Support the department in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the GPS system for all players;
- Plan and deliver specific physical sessions both gym and pitch based;
- To support, produce and review individual physical programmes for all players and amend accordingly at specific times throughout the season;
- Conduct match day duties in relation to preparing the players physically to perform in games when required;
- Provide specific feedback for players in relation to their physical performance to be completed for the player IDT meetings and departmental meetings;
- Liaise continually with senior staff in relation to players progressing from the Academy to the Senior Training Centre environment from a physical performance perspective;
- Ensure all screening and testing of the players is carried out at specified times with data collated and stored appropriately for monitoring purposes;
- Provide physical performance data and reports to senior staff to highlight the physical development of the players within the Professional Development Phase;
- Monitor the physical performance of players on loan, whilst liaising with internal staff and those staff at the loan Clubs when required;
- Adopt a multi-disciplinary approach to your work, liaising with other key staff to maximise physical performance of the PDP Phase players; and
- To assist in other departmental duties as required.
- IT literate;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to communicate with internal and external parties;
- To work in a team environment;
- Ability to perform group and individual verbal presentations; and
- Ability to administer, monitor and coach Strength and Conditioning programs.
- Knowledge of current sport science and medicine practice with particular specialism in strength and conditioning;
- Good knowledge of Safeguarding/child protection policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of an elite sporting environment; and
- Paediatric Physiological Development.
- Hons Degree in Sports Science / Strength and Conditioning or related discipline (essential);
- UKSCA (or ability to obtain in 12 months – essential);
- Master Degree in Sports Science or related discipline (desirable); and
- BASES accreditation (or working towards).
DBS check required: Yes (enhanced)
How to Apply
Please click "APPLY NOW" to email your application form and covering letter to our team.
and come back later!