The key responsibilities of this role will be to hit and exceed company set targets generating new business within the department by cold calling, referrals and agency business.
- To meet weekly, monthly and quarterly sales targets as set by Head of Commercial.
- To gain and develop new business relationships through cold calling – following a set out strategy.
- To develop relationships with conference agencies to increase sales.
- To actively sell tickets for football related events.
- The ability to cross sell the various different football and non-football related packages.
- To input ideas for future events and conference business.
- To maintain and upkeep our internal booking system with customer information and daily activities.
- This job description sets out current duties of the post that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility.
- To manage, operate and sell key events held by the club.
- To negotiate for products and services for certain events or conferences held by the club.
- Liaising and communicating with all relevant departments on a regular basis.
- Account Management.
- Completion of at cost figures for Stock take reports.
- Any other duties required as set by the clubs Head of Commercial.
- Supporting the commercial match day operation – instructed by your line manager.
- A good standard of Education to GCSE/BTEC Grade C or above.
- Fluent in English Language.
- Ability to meet targets and KPIs.
- Outstanding communicator, capable of demonstrating your knowledge of sales and be able to close a deal.
- Strength in time management, planning, organisation, and customer service skills is essential
- Ability to identify opportunities, and show initiative.
- Able to manage existing customer relationships, and proactively develop new customer relationships.
- Identifies and anticipates customer needs and exceeds expectations.
- Good level of experience in event management with outstanding organisation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Must possess excellent administration capabilities.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative.
- Must be PC literate with excellent keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good budgeting abilities with the ability to put together profit and loss reports.
- Ability to demonstrate good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Commercially driven and financially astute.
- A minimum of 12 months experience within the conference/exhibitions and or events sectors.
- Gained your experience from within a professional business-to-business environment and will be driven to succeed.
- A hands-on approach and strong work ethic is a must with a background in target driven sales environments and good organisation skills also essential.
- High energy; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently.
- Must possess a genuine desire to exceed both consumer expectations and sales.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload.
- Ability to multi task.
- Must adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures at all times.
and come back later!