- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the well-being of Academy players at all times liaising with the Club Safeguarding Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Oversee Coaching model with all age groups, U21s & U18s on a weekly basis.
- Align the Academy’s playing and coaching philosophy with the club’s philosophy.
- Lead on recruitment for all football staff and create a staff succession plan for the Academy.
- Implement an football performance plan to deliver the strategic objectives based on Academy KPI outputs and EPPP requirements.
- Manage all football staff so they know what is required of them and can achieve their goals through regular performance management, team meetings and regular 1:1 meetings. To address and manage underperformance.
- Work with the Loans Manager, PDP Coaching staff and Technical Direct or to arrange and manage loans in the professional development phase.
- Liaise with Head of Coaching on all aspects of the technical program.
- Attend Technical Board meetings to discuss the Academy progress, continually analysing the performance targets, review and evaluate the Academy programme.
- Manage player progression through the Head of Coaching and Lead coaches. To update the Technical Board on player pathways and lead on recommending players for scholarship and professional contracts.
- To ensure the Academy philosophies and values are adhered to by coaches, players and parents across all phases of the performance pathway.
- Develop and manage the existing scouting network.
- Attend FA / EFL / Academy managers seminars.
- Prepare a valuation / appraisal / monitoring system for all academy players progress from 9-16 years.
- Meet regularly with EFL Regional Manager.
- Ensure a satisfactory exit policy is in place for 9-18 years old players.
Key Skills & Experience
- The Elite Academy Managers Programme (EAM).
- UEFA A License.
- FA Youth Award.
- Clean Driving Licence.
- Enhanced DBS certificate.
Skills and Abilities
- Managing and Leading a Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Previous management in elite sport.
- Management and Administration.
- Attention to detail.
- Finance and budgets.
- Talent Identification.
- Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Management and leadership experience in a Category 2 Academy.
- Thorough understanding of the EPPP, Audit Process and the requirements of a Category 2 Academy.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!