For too long, thinkBeyond has been the best kept secret in sport. For over a decade we have been working at the forefront of social impact and sustainability in both sport and business. Now is the time for us to be bolder in evidencing our impact, experience, and expertise. The Communications & Marketing Manager will play a key role, not only in growing the business, but in helping us become visible thought leaders for the sector so that we collectively help drive it forward and together make a greater impact on the world.
The Communications & Marketing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of increasing our profile in the sector. This will encompass developing and communicating the thinkBeyond brand, delivering events, identifying and securing relevant partnership opportunities and much more. They will enable a greater understanding of what we do and who we do it for across the range of sectors where we have clients, and those that we’re yet to engage with.
This is an all-encompassing role that needs someone who can be both strategic and practical. Strategically positioning our senior leadership and clients in forums that elevate our work, exemplify our thought leadership, and drive our brand, alongside ensuring that our public facing channels are up to date, and both driving conversation as well as responding to key issues. The ideal candidate will bring a relentless energy to the business. They will use their initiative to consistently seek new opportunities to position thinkBeyond as the go to organisation for social impact and sustainability in sport and business.
You’ll need to share our belief in positive social change in and through sport, but you don’t need to come from the sport sector; we’re more interested in how you think and how you develop our brand to cut through the noise. Our clients include Bloomberg, The North Face, ESPN, Liverpool FC, Sail GP, Euroleague Basketball, UK Sport, Audible, The NFL, and many more. This is a new role and an exciting opportunity for a communications and marketing professional to really make their mark on our business, owning and shaping our brand and driving how it’s communicated. If you’re ready to step into a fast paced and exciting business dedicated to positive social impact, apply today.
- Be the owner of the thinkBeyond brand making it the ‘go-to’ agency for social impact and sustainability in the sport and business sectors
- Establish and implement a corporate communications strategy for thinkBeyond
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager to identify opportunities – through owned events and partnerships - to position us in suitable forums to expand awareness and knowledge of the business
- Be prepared to get your hands dirty, overseeing the day-to-day management of digital platforms - web, social, and email - ensuring that all company materials are up to date and have consistent and positive messaging and branding
- Secure appearances for company spokespeople across traditional and new media, and brief them accordingly
- Identify how best to ensure that our brand is a global one, with a particular focus on the USA and growing our American client list
- Recognise the importance of celebrating new client wins and success of our existing clients, ensuring that their work is part of the communications output
- Support all elements of the business - including thinkBeyond talent and our in-house production arm, thinkBeyond Studios – to tell their story
- Proactively use communications impact tracking and reporting to drive continuous improvement of our brand execution
- Be proactive in recommending strategic communications and/or marketing assets that thinkBeyond should create, with a solid business case as to their intended impact
- Stay informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications within the industry to foster ideas and innovation
- Embed brand usage across the team, teaching colleagues how to appropriately, consistently, communicate the brand#
- A proactive, passionate, and practical individual who will make things happen
- Excited by the opportunity to shape our brand, and keen to make your mark on the business
- Tenacious and driven, chasing leads, selling in, and utilising your relationships across media to place our experts and clients in thought leadership positions
- Optimistic and resilient, digging in and figuring out how to work around problems
- Meticulous and efficient, working quickly and accurately to both lead and respond to the daily conversation around social impact and sustainability
You will have most or all the following:
- 5+ years professional working experience in strategic communications, marketing, public relations, journalism/media related fields preferred (experience within the sport, social impact, agency sectors in international context highly desirable)
- A proven track record of delivering successful communication and engagement strategies
- Relationships across the media landscape
- Experience with brand development and positioning
- Experience in all types of social media management
- Strong experience working with CMS (WordPress) and CRM platforms
- Experience creating and delivering events
- Strong data monitoring, evaluation, and reporting skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and strong experience in using varied communication channels and analytics tools
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent understanding of how to use marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility, profile, and reputation of an organisation
- The ability to work efficiently, quickly, and to deadline in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent projects
- A commitment to and belief in the ability of sport to create social change
- The right to work in the UK
- A cool office environment
- 20 days holiday and flexible working arrangements, plus 3 days off at Christmas
- Private health insurance plus cash plan
- Health and Wellness Programs
- 2 Wellness days per year
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Birthday donation
- Pension contributions
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!