Reporting to and working with the Schools Delivery Officer, the Senior Foundation Coach is responsible for being the lead deliverer and programme administrator across all Foundation programmes in Primary Schools, Secondary schools and community settings throughout Bath and surrounding areas. The Senior Foundation Coach will be leading delivery across all programmes to re-engage young people into school and supporting our Disability delivery within Special Schools. The Foundations programmes aim to empower young people to create a better future for themselves by using sport as a vehicle for social change.
The Foundations Senior Coach will be skilled, confident, high-quality practitioner who has experience in using sport to develop physical, personal and social skills. They will have an interest in developing their ability to deliver mental health and educational messages.
- Plan and lead the delivery of rugby (tag, touch, contact) and multisport sessions to recipients in Schools (mainstream, PRU, Special Needs etc.), Youth Clubs and other community settings to the required quality standards.
- Ensure all equipment is correctly set up, maintained, returned, and stored.
- Ensure that a safe environment is maintained for all.
- Lead classroom-based sessions which deliver education and health messages.
- Work collaboratively with other Bath Rugby Foundation staff, apprentices, volunteers and other local organisations to deliver the sessions.
- Regularly review own sessions to ensure programmes are delivered to a high standard and to maintain professional development.
- Complete programme and Foundation admin tasks.
- Help to foster, maintain and strengthen Bath Rugby Foundation partnerships and relationships with recipients of the programmes, key sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Lead the development of high-quality session plans as a guide for coaches delivering on Foundation programmes.
- Lead the collection and logging of monitoring and evaluation information across all programmes delivered on.
- Undertake and lead the day-to-day organisation, administration and running of programmes.
- Provide appropriate mentoring, support, guidance and advice to other coaches, volunteers etc.
Download full job description
Download full person specification
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application form on the link below and return via 'Apply Now' by no later than Friday 30th June 2022
and come back later!