Purpose of Role
One of Basketball Englands key priorities is to increase the number of active officials. We are in an intensive recruitment period to attract, educate and activate new officials. Taking them from course to court. The role will include;
Supporting the implementation of the officiating strategy at grassroots level working with associated, clubs, leagues, associations, education establishments and programmes to recruit, education and activate new officials.
Working with Basketball England’s regional and club network to recruit new officials providing regular deployment opportunities.
Creating a better experience for Basketball Officials by supporting them through their education, training and development.
Supporting the officiating coaches, coordinators and tutor workforce.
Building relationships with clubs, leagues, associations, education establishments and programmes to support officials through their education and provide officiating opportunities.
This role requires the successful candidate to be able to collaborate with local partners and our workforce.
- Support the implementation of Basketball England officiating strategy including REDD (Recruit, Education, Deploy, Develop) in the 10 Basketball England Regions.
- Initiate the recruitment of new officials through our clubs, leagues, associations, education establishments and programmes.
- Support new officials with their education and training through to being certified and active.
- Activate new officials via clubs, leagues, associations, education establishments and programmes and support their progress and development.
- Support regional officiating coordinators, officiating coaches and tutors to execute the REDD strategy.
- Support the provision of regular development opportunities for officials to improve the quality giving them a chance to advance up the officiating pathway.
- Work to achieving agreed KPI's and deliverables for recruitment to support the objective of reducing the supply and demand gap.
- Working with the Course Executive to affect the smooth and efficient delivery of officiating courses with course learners, tutors and organisers.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to initiative and activate ‘good news’ stories.
- Manage budget allocations to meet agreed objectives and KPI's.
- Track, monitor and evaluate processes so that impact can be assessed.
- Regional Partner Engagement: Supporting clubs, leagues, associations, education establishments, programmes and the regional workforce to deliver on REDD.
- Service Delivery: To co-ordinate the operational delivery for technical courses from sign-up to certification.
- Communications: Supporting the delivery of frequent key messages and ongoing communications with all internal and external partners and staff.
- Marketing Support: To initiate ‘good news’ and programme updates to support and promote the campaign.
- Relationship Building: Build relationships and collaborate with key regional partners.
- Insight & Development: Support the monitoring and reporting of data collection through Basketball England platforms to maximise learning and understanding to inform future delivery.
- Governance, Risk & Compliance: Abide by all of Basketball England’s rules, regulations and policies
- Other duties: Any other duties as required by the line manager that are commensurate with the grade
Role Requirements; Experience, Knowledge & skills
- Previous work experience in a relevant, related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in a sports and community development environment with an outcomes-based approach to working.
Demonstrable experience of:
- Project Development / Management: experience developing or supporting the development of participation initiatives, preferably for an NGB or third-sector organisation.
- Strategic Planning: Experience of contributing to development and delivery of strategies. In particular able to demonstrate knowledge of local and national strategy in relation to participation.
- Relationship Management: building trust and strong relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and externally, potentially including BE staff and volunteers.
- Target Driven: Target driven approach with the ability to meet outlined KPI’s.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Managing the operational evaluation and data analysis of programmes.
- Customer Support: Ability to adapt and deliver support services to a growing volunteer network that is effective and efficient for the customer.
- Confident & Motivated: Confident with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Mental Agility & Initiative: Excellent mental agility with the ability to use own initiative to self-organise, plan and work effectively, taking account of daily changing and competing priorities.
- Quality Work at Speed: A proven ability to produce high quality work and meet deadlines at speed and under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability to work as a member of a team, with an understanding of what behaviours contribute to effective teamwork. Appreciation of the significance of confidentiality.
- Communications: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating an ability to communicate upwards to a senior level (including CEO, Directors and the Board) and relate to a wide range of people and organisations in the right appropriate format.
- Solution Development: Ability to anticipate issues, problem solve, manage ambiguity and make sound judgements on sensitive matters.
- Time Management: Ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Initiative: Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure and having an ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!