How does the role support our vision:
With millions playing every year, badminton is the nation’s favourite racket sport. We are the National Governing Body (NGB) for badminton in England and we want to inspire everyone to play more, support louder and love badminton, from this generation to the next.
We value and represent every single one of our members and fans as one collective voice for badminton in England. And we have strong ambitions to get more people playing, win more medals and further support the badminton system.
The purpose of this role is to support the business in these ambitions – provide market and customer insight, understand our audiences, support our marketing campaign activity and provide database, system and CRM expertise.
This role is pivotal to the success of the strategic ambitions of Badminton England and with real scope for growth. The remit is broad, and you have the opportunity to develop a high profile across the business.
What you will be doing:
- Development, optimization and evolution of CRM strategies, including segmentation, audience profiling, and customer journeys
- Responsible for data hygiene and GDPR compliance
- Development, evolution and communication of key customer insight to support business decision
- Maintaining and interpreting a suite of customised dashboards to report on ticketing, membership, participation, and marketing effectiveness - identifying any trends or anomalous behaviour and providing recommendations and additional insight
- Maximising database engagement, customer communication and database automation capabilities
- Developing the data offering across the business and acting as champion for data, analytics and insight
- Providing expertise on the organization’s platform provision to support its ambitions for growth and transformation
- Day to day contact for the database/email provider partner
- Owning all database queries and data collection into the organization
- Creating weekly/monthly reports for the team in addition to creating documentation and presentations for regular reviews
- Developing a clear understanding of the customer base and how the behaviour of customers varies by product and segment which enables creation of personalised campaigns
- With the wider commercial team, identifying potential business and product development opportunities through insight
- Supporting the development and execution of email marketing campaigns – identifying and delivering data sets, and on occasion delivery of the campaigns
- Developing surveys to support business decisions through insight
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of our membership proposition, structure, benefits and how it delivers for the badminton community to effectively support decisions
- Supporting the YONEX All England on pricing strategy/seat plans and reporting as well as the general team effort over the period of the tournament.
- Customer Relationship Management experience – ability to understand how the CRM strategy plays into the marketing approach
- Numerical / Analytical degree or equivalent
- Logical, with a keen eye for detail, and a natural sense of curiosity to deliver deep dive insight
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Exposure to big data sets or a sound knowledge of BI tool use (Tableau etc…)
- Experience in dealing with multiple systems and platforms and making recommendations to deliver on business strategy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage a wide number of stakeholders to deliver insight and facilitate their business decisions
- Effective in presenting analytics and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge effectively to drive change
- Confident ‘can do’ attitude with some creative thinking to bring to life new ideas through data
- Experience on working on event and membership insight an advantage.
What's in it for you?
We’re a truly brilliant place to work so, as you'd expect, we have some of the very best benefits around, which include;
Exclusive discounts and cashback options at a range of retailers and cinema tickets at great prices courtesy of Reward Gateway
- Free gym membership for yourself and a partner
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Contributory Pension Scheme with employer contributions at 6.5%
- Free tickets to Badminton events
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline and the opportunity to have 6 hourly sessions with a trained Counsellor for free
- Free Car Parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- 33 days paid holiday a year, which increases to 38 days with length of service (pro-rata for part-time)
- Health Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training to help you develop
- Access to our training platform with resources to develop your skills and knowledge
- Refer a friend scheme
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity with us, then please get in touch! We're looking forward to connecting with you.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, pease click 'Apply Now' to begin the application. For this application, you will need an up to date CV and Cover Letter
Applications close on 24th July 2022
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion at Badminton England. Our aim is to become the UK’s most inclusive National Governing Body - for our staff and members, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we serve. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. To find out more about D&I at Badminton England, head over to our website to read out Inclusion Strategy.
and come back later!