We are looking for the successful applicant to possess the following:
Relevant rugby coaching experience with a successful track record of developing players and teams.
- UKCC Level 4 Coaching qualification, or currently working towards, or willing to commit to the next available or relevant course.
- Experience of attending and delivering CPD opportunities.
- A track record of managing and working with in a set budget.
- A comprehensive understanding of the running of a part-time professional rugby club and its associated amateur clubs, teams and schools as well as being responsible for a large number of the operational aspects of the club.
- The ability to build, lead and manage a team of coaches and support staff- forming strong relationships based on mutual respect and trust, reinforced with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An in-depth knowledge and experience of rugby at the higher levels with a view to player recruitment and development.
- The main purpose is to lead the Ayrshire Bulls Super 6 team/coaches in preparing a squad of part-time professional players to compete successfully in all relevant competitions. To enhance the reputation of rugby within the region and Scotland as a whole.
- Work with coaching, analysis, medical & strength and conditioning staff at SUPER 6 and with Scottish Rugby to ensure all aspects of team fitness, selection & administration are managed appropriately.
- Responsibility for the creation and implementation of a season plan and performance strategy, linked to the teams’ profile and goals, that will support the Ayrshire Bulls overall season objectives and ambitions.
- Ensure that individual player development plans are in place for each squad member which supports their technical, tactical, physical and mental development.
- Create a transparent and clear selection policy which is communicated to all players and support staff. The Head Coach will have final say on squad and team selection.
- Providing leadership by example, setting and maintaining high standards of behaviour, achievement, sportsmanship and discipline.
- Working closely with the General Manager to maximise the relationship between the club, other local clubs, partners and the business community.
- Manage and work within the agreed SUPER 6 playing budget annually and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Attending at and participate in press and media events as required.
- Working with Scottish Rugby and other SUPER 6 Head Coaches to collectively drive the standards of performance at SUPER6 levels.
- Commit fully to your individual development as a Head Coach as agreed and supported by Scottish Rugby
Download full job description and person specification
How to Apply
Applications in the form of a CV and Covering Letter should be submitted via 'Apply Now'
You should outline your relevant skills and experience for the post.
Applications close on 27th June 2022
and come back later!