About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Analyst to manage analytical projects, build reporting solutions and lead a team of data analysts. They will lead and design the implementation of analytical processes to generate insights, create value and drive evidence-informed decision making across the ASC and high-performance network.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Degree and/or higher qualification associated with Analytics.
- Proven project management experience.
- Experience leading and managing a team of data professionals.
- Strong data storytelling and visualisation skills and the ability to communicate complex analytical and statistical concepts in an easy-to-understand fashion to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in developing data capture management or analysis solutions for others.
- Experience of gathering user requirements for data related queries from a non-data technical audience.
- Strong and adaptable communication skills with the ability to drive network engagement and to gain confidence and respect with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to form and contribute to cohesive, collaborative and outcome driven cross organisational project teams.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide timely, compelling and concise advice to inform senior management to support decision making.
- Affinity for and / or a keen knowledge and interest in high performance sport would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with Tableau OR Power Bi.
- Demonstrated experience working with Snowflake and SQL Server.
- Experience working with Python.
- Experience with online code repository platforms such as GitHub or GitLab.
- Willing to learn new technologies and systems.
- Experience working with Jira.
- Experience working with Zendesk.
- Experience working with Athlete Management Systems.
This position is offered as an ONGOING position.
Why work with us?
We have offices located in Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney. Across all locations, we offer:
- Options for flexible working arrangements.
- Annual allowances towards training based on individualised career goals.
- Access to a customised ASC L&D calendar for ongoing professional and career development.
- Generous superannuation scheme with up to 15.4% employer contributions.
- Corporate discount on AIS Shop merchandise
- Access to Clearinghouse for Sport, an information sharing platform for Sporting professionals.
Additionally, our Canberra campus offers:
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite facilities including café, dining hall, gym, and swimming pool.
- Priority placement for your children to access the award winning, onsite AIS Caretaker’s Cottage Childcare Centre.
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
Click here for the full Job Description and Person Specification.
and come back later!