About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a Project Manager to undertake the coordination and operational oversight of the Brain Health Initiative longitudinal research program, with scope to apply their skills across other AFL, AFLW, State, pathways and community football concussion research programs.
The Brain Health Initiative Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating the multi-site data collection hubs (AFL clubs, draft process, external research and commercial partners), and data management, along with development of standard operating procedures and training across industry, and responsibility for data quality assurance, harmonisation and sharing.
The role will provide an opportunity to work across dedicated AFL teams in concussion, healthcare, and mental health and wellbeing who strive for innovation and prioritise research translation to influence policy and build an evidence-base for the safe participation of players in professional and community sport.
A day in the life of
- Lead administrative and operational functions of the Brain Health Initiative concussion research program
- Liaison with industry stakeholders (e.g. clubs personnel, players, AFLPA) and research partners
- Management of data capture and curation
- Development of standard operating procedures and associated training
- Coordination of player appointments to enable research data collection
- Responsibility for research program budget reporting and financial management
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Uphold the integrity and ethical conduct of research in keeping with the AFL Research Governance Framework
- Preparation of research progress reports to Brain Health Initiative Steering Committee
- Scope for research personnel training and supervision
Our ideal team member
- Willingness to occasionally travel interstate to AFL clubs
- Extensive knowledge of clinical healthcare research, ideally within a neurological field
- Knowledge or expertise in the field of high-performance sport additionally recognised
- Demonstrated research coordination and project management experience across various stages of research including development, design, data collection, reporting and completion
- Demonstrated excellence in diverse stakeholder engagement and management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills, with ability to work independently
- Post-graduate degree or equivalent in relevant medical, nursing or allied health field
- 5 years+ experience in management and coordination of large, multi-site research trials including longitudinal cohort studies, registries and/or clinical trials
- Completion of Good Clinical Practice training in the last 4 years
- Play The Day Your Way - a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development - lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well - access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits - with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
- AFL Silver Memberships - permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
- Sports Medicine / Physio / Allied Health Degree
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!