We are seeking an Admin & Events Assistant (Part Time) and look forward to working with a candidate who will make the most of this exciting opportunity.
In a fast-paced sport and growing governing body there will be a reasonable expectation that the Admin & Events Assistant (Part Time) will commit to work on evenings and weekends with a varying schedule week to week and have access to own transport for regular off-site meetings.Our Strategic Outcomes.
- Enhance capacity and improve athletics experience through high quality delivery within a club system
- Promote the value of athletics and ANI through advocacy, communications and sponsorship
- Support competition providers and clubs to offer appropriate and enjoyable competition experiences to athletes, runners and spectators throughout Northern Ireland
- Raise income to build a sustainable indoor track and gym facility
- In collaboration with partners, deliver programmes and facilitate athletic excellence for Northern Ireland people
- To assist in the organisation of all Athletics NI events and to support the administrative functions of the business’
Duties to include:
- Athletics Events Organisation
- To assist in the organisation of various events (Track and Field, Road Running and Cross Country)
- Approving permit applications, issuing permits and certificates, maintaining fixture lists.
- Advising Power of 10 of permit lists
- Set up online race entries, provide race organisers with online entry information
- Monitoring returns forms and issuing online release of funds Managing club affiliation and athlete registration, athlete transfers. Issuing club registration handbook
- Liaison with the various partners and suppliers for the events to ensure the promotions are properly organised
- Preparation of programmes and results
- For all bookings and events expenditure, follow Athletics NI financial policies and procedures
- ·Attendance at certain promotions to undertake administrative duties (this may involve working away from normal base and at weekends)
- To provide an administrative service to Athletics Northern Ireland Duties will include:
- Maintain and answer the info email queries
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Franking and postage
- Ordering race numbers and pins
- Monitor Athletics NI kit and merchandise stock levels and re-order when required
- Updating and maintaining databases
- Providing an administrative service for the Honorary Officers, Sub- Committees and Professional Staff of Athletics NI
- General office admin, including opening and closing Athletics House, where required.
- Perform other administrative duties as may be required
Qualifications and Attainment, Work and Other Experience, Skills, Disposition and Personal Qualities, Other Considerations, Circumstances
- Minimum of 2 A-levels (or equivalent) Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A-C (or equivalent) to include Maths & English
- At least one years’ experience in an office or administrative environment
- Demonstrable skills in the use of IT and an understanding of its use
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, sound organisational and planning skills
- A working knowledge of IT systems e.g. MS Office, along with competent typing and administration skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to prioritise workload.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment.
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Able to work evenings and/or weekends when required
- Be prepared to work away from normal base when required
- Have access to a mode of transport that allows you to fulfil all requirements for the post
- Degree-level graduate
- Experience in event management Proven experience of general office financial practices
- Experience of working/volunteering in sporting events, especially athletics events
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Experience in website administration
- An interest in sports and physical recreation, particularly athletics, is desired but not essential.
The full job description & person specification is available to download here
How to apply
To help you with your application, you should read the following before completing your form.
We do not accept Curricula Vitae (CV’s). Therefore, it is important that you fully complete each section of our application form, giving the information requested.
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your completed application form.
The closing date for receipt of application forms is Monday 1st August 2022 at 5PM and applications received after this date will not be considered.
The Equal Opportunities Monitoring form is regarded as part of your application and failure to complete and return it will result in disqualification.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED EVEN IF DELAYED DUE TO TECHNICAL REASONS.
It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that all such information is provided. Candidates who fail to provide sufficient information on which a panel might determine their eligibility for the post will not be shortlisted.
You should complete the application form in black ink or in typescript.
We have an equal opportunity policy and endeavour to ensure that selection for jobs, training and promotion is carried out fairly and based on job related criteria. In order for us to properly assess your application, it is important that you complete the form as fully as possible, demonstrating how your skills/experience relate to those described in the advert and Person Specification. The panel may enhance the criteria in order to facilitate short-listing of the post. The panel will shortlist only on the basis of the information provided on your application form.
We also need to monitor the effectiveness of our policy. I would therefore ask you to complete the enclosed monitoring form and return with your completed application form.
If you have any disability which prevents you from completing the application process, please contact me to discuss what further assistance you require.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of essential qualifications and also provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to work in the United Kingdom. We are also committed to adhering to the Access NI Code of Practice in relation to requesting disclosure checks where appropriate and processing information in accordance with the code. We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in this post and we look forward to receiving your application form.
and come back later!