An exciting opportunity exists to become part of the Athletics Ireland participation team as a Community Athletics Hub Coordinator reporting to the Director of Participation.
Athletics Ireland in partnership with Trinity College Dublin propose to develop an athletics community sports and physical activity hub, at the Trinity College Iveagh Sports Grounds in Crumlin, for the benefit of those in local and wider community.
This collaborative initiative will seek to maximise participation in Athletics (including recreational walking, jogging, and running) and physical activity and engage the local community to offer a range of participation opportunities originating from the hub with further intended outreach into the community.
This role is funded by Sport Ireland and is offered on an initial fixed term contract for one year.
The Role Responsibilities
Assisting the Director of Participation in the following areas:
- Establishment of a brand-new Athletics Community Sports and Physical Activity Hub located at the Trinity College Iveagh Sports Grounds in Crumlin
- Identifying key stakeholders and community leaders to ensure engagement across the community and involvement with relevant target groups
- Engagement with communities and target groups by consulting with participants and local partners to assess the needs of the community
- Development, co-ordination and implementation of a plan to promote athletics and physical activity at the Trinity College Iveagh Sports Grounds and the surrounding area
- Implementation of a comprehensive plan to promote, attract and develop sustainable usage of the hub
- Proactivity develop partnerships with Local Authority, Local Sport Partnership, Schools, local community based organisations, groups and community outreach
- Scope, identify and agree what range of programmes and activities the hub will provide
- Create and promote an Athletics and physical activity programme that maps a clear pathway and entry points for age, ability, and at any level
- Support the development of communications, promotion and marketing of the hub and promotion of activities undertaken by the hub
- Develop routes to sustained participation into Clubs, and/or alternative sustainable pathways
- Deliver coach and volunteer education programmes to assist with the development of student leaders and role models within the community
- Develop and deliver participation based programmes aimed at increasing physical activity amongst Trinity College staff and students
- Capability and capacity building, identifying the training and development needs of local people in the community
- Implementation of training and development of local people.
- Measure and monitor performance indicators based on the impact courses/programmes are having at local level
- Evaluate first phase (year 1) of Athletics and Physical Activity hub and report findings
- Organised with ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Capable of reporting and tracking progress of key areas of responsibility
- Be flexible and adaptable in a changing communication environment
- Awareness of the importance of participation in sport and/or physical activity
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Eager to Learn
- Ability to multitask/work on several projects simultaneously
- Prompt and dependable
- Flexible with regards hours, TOIL system in operation for additional hours worked
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Publisher
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Understanding the importance of delivering high level service
- Be eligible to live and work in Ireland
- Full clean driving licence and access to own transport.
Candidates with the following will have an advantage:
- Experience in Sports Development/Health/Fitness across participation pathways
- Experience of the community and voluntary sector and the sports and physical activity environment
- Be available to work unsocial hours, both weekends and evenings
Education and Experience
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Relevant degree in Sports Development, Health Fitness and Leisure Studies, Leisure Management, Health Promotion or equivalent
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Well-developed networking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player and ability to work on their own initiative.
Remuneration and Location
- The package will include a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Position Tenure: 1 year fixed-term full-time contract.
- Position Location: The post will be based between both Athletics Ireland Head Office and Trinity College Iveagh Sports Grounds in Crumlin.
- Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting and suitable reference checks.
- Athletics Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.30pm (37.5 hours). Both evenings and weekend work may be required but a Time Off in Lieu system is in operation for any out of hours and weekend work.
Our benefits include:
Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
Family friendly policies
Sick pay scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Bike to work scheme
Company contributory pension scheme after six months
Remuneration and Location
Salary: Band 1, €28,489 (min) to €39,709 (max).
Position Tenure: Six months’ probation, 1 year fixed-term full-time contract.
Position Location: Athletics Ireland Head Office at 19 Northwood Court, Santry, Dublin 9 and Trinity College Iveagh Sports Grounds, Crumlin.
How to apply
Applications should be emailed to the Athletics Ireland Human Resources Manager by clicking 'Apply Now' with the subject line of: [ATTN: Community Athletics Hub Coordinator]
Please provide the following when submitting your application:
- Letter of introduction detailing skills and experience relevant to the selection criteria.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining your skills and work experience.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 5pm on Friday the 7th of April 2023.
Applicants should note that this job description is not exhaustive and is subject to change as required as appropriate.
and come back later!