ABOUT THE RACECOURSE:
Ascot Racecourse is horse racing's most iconic venue with a history spanning over 300 years.
Royal Ascot broadcasts to over 200 countries with audiences in the many millions; its unique blend of top-class racing, fashion, fine dining, pageantry, and glamour make it a place Like Nowhere Else.
With other notable race days and a year-round calendar of events to support, Ascot is a flourishing business and a fantastic place to develop your career.
To pro-actively sell Events products and services, to existing customers, maximising business from existing customers through an innovative approach and always delivering best experience to all our customers.
- To achieve sales targets and maximise sales through all sales channels
- To maximise revenue and profit through the implementation of a sales activity plan by account managing and selling and an agreed number of key clients and key accounts (face to face meetings, cold calling and personal contacts) through a sales platform and use of commercial management techniques (Salesforce, Delphi diary management, LinkedIn and other management tools)
- Be fully responsible for the conversion of incoming enquiries to confirmed bookings allocated to you via the Events Sales Manager
- Ensure all incoming enquires are contacted within 2 hours of receiving them, by phone call and followed by a written proposal within 24hours. Or an agreed time scale with the client/agent with an overall 25% conversion rate
- To regularly meet with existing accounts/agents and build an account development strategy to ensure retention and growth
- To research and identify new market and existing account opportunities
- Assist in preparing sales collateral and presentation materials
- Ensure the enquiry call process supports ARL delivery standard and KPI’s are achieved
- To maintain accurate records on prospects through the venue management system (Salesforce/Delphi)
- To be aware of competitor pricing, understand the dynamics of the local market and the demand generators, and the effect this has on profit
- Actively participate in local networking groups and relevant trade bodies
- Build and manage a vibrant, long term network of relationships with individuals from multiple market segments
- In conjunction with all relevant partners ensure that the levels of Customer Service are market leading
- Be actively involved (when required) in the race day hosting and client entertaining activities
- To continuously demonstrate The Ascot Way i.e. act as a role model through the Ascot values to provide the best possible customer service where delivery is always maintained
- To undertake special duties or work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position at the request of the Senior Management Team
The desired candidate should be able to demonstrate success in a sales environment, preferably within events. Understanding and experience of proactive sales and selling to agents, corporates and private individuals. Competence with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a Customer Relations Management system.
Alongside a competitive salary we offer complimentary tickets for race days and some events that you can share with friends and family alongside pension and discounts in selected retailers locally.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
Closing date is 30 November 2022.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified.
and come back later!