We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable General Manager to be the ambassador of Sedgefield Racecourse.
- Clear and concise reporting as required to the Senior management team and Financial Controller. This is to include all bookings, cash flow and enquiries. Ensure all bookings are paid for prior to the event taking place in line with the company’s terms and conditions
- Race day pre-planning through co-ordination with the commercial departments and deploying operational resources within outline race day budgets, comply with racing regulations and ensure race days are run safely meeting our legal obligations.
- Ensuring the proper preplanning and delivery of non-racing events through the catering and events team ensuring client expectations are delivered whilst activities on the site by third parties are undertaken safely and in-line with current event industry guidance.
- Reviewing the site customer proposition working with the marketing team to establish feedback and responding across well as taking a holistic view with the Executive Director across the site with the objective of making improvements to the proposition, customer service and experience.
About the role:
Responsibility for successful delivery of the racecourse profit plan and operation of the business. As well as ensuring all the key responsibilities above are professionally managed and relevant targets are met or exceeded. The General Manager will head a team based at Sedgefield which includes administration, sales, operations and racing (the Clerk of the Course is a shared resource) including the ground staff.
The person we are looking for as a General Manager has…..
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role within Hotels, Sports Arenas or Facilities Management
- Knowledge and experience of working within large multi-faceted facilities or ‘resort’ style environments
- Gravitas, charisma and excellent people management skills
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Experience of managing line reports and diverse teams of people
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- A systematic approach to problems
- A process driven attitude to tasks
- Positive attitude
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a General Manager..
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application process.
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.
and come back later!