The Independent Chair will run the Board, setting the agenda for each meeting and ensuring the effective implementation of Board decisions.
Good governance principles will be observed in particular compliance with the Sports Governance Code https://www.uksport.gov.uk/-/media/files/government-code/revised-code---list-of-code-requirements.ashx and adherence of the Nolan Principles The Seven Principles of Public Life - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
Ensuring commitment to transparency, integrity and delivery of purpose and strategy, the Chair will lead the Board in ensuring a strong governance system to support the continued growth of the sport.
- Chair board meetings (currently 6 per year), liaising with the Company Secretary to compile and circulate agenda and ensure meetings are convened and managed in accordance with the Articles of Association
- Ensure effective oversight of the implementation of the ANI strategy, ensuring that the necessary resources are available to ensure quality delivery.
- Ensure high standards of financial probity and record keeping
- Make sure the Board is kept properly informed of all important matters and is clear about delegated authorities
- Ensure positive and effective communication surrounding the work of ANI with members, key stakeholders, media etc.
- Chair the Annual General Meeting of Archery NI
- Report on progress made by ANI to AGB and Sport NI
- Ensure the Board is fully and appropriately constituted in order to conduct business effectively
- Maintain ongoing compliance with the Code for Sports Governance
Personal Qualities and skills
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to lead the Board effectively and collegiately
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong business and organisation acumen
- The ability to empower others
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
- A thorough understanding of good governance
- The ability to absorb and process lots of information
- Independence from archery clubs
Please click the 'Apply Now' button and provide a current CV and a covering letter highlighting what you will bring to the organisation.
ANI recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please respond to:
Closing date: 22 April 2022
and come back later!