We are looking for a Co-ordinator to lead on the nationwide rollout of our Active Programme FitLine initiative, a free telephone support service, delivered by volunteer mentors, who encourage older people to start being physically active and maintain physical activity as part of their daily lives.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead on the further development and nationwide expansion of the FitLine initiative in conjunction with the Active Programme Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Lead on the development of local hubs nationally
- Manage the recruitment of volunteer mentors in conjunction with the HR Manager and provide ongoing training and support to mentors.
- Manage the induction of volunteer mentors, the provision of leadership and resilience training and all refresher training.
- Recruit FitLine participants in conjunction with the wider Active team and with the support of the Communications Manager.
- Be aware of safeguarding FitLine staff, mentors and participants
- Ensure that the FitLine mentor materials and FitLine participant materials (resource packs) are kept up to date.
- Register FitLine participants and ensure that they receive a resource pack.
- Oversee the management of the scheduling for volunteer mentors.
- Oversee the FitLine administration function and assist with administration where required.
- Visit FitLine centres on a regular basis (within Covid-19 protocols).
- Consistently review mentor inputs and comments on the CRM system following calls and conduct any follow up required.
- Manage the data input on Form Assembly by mentors
- Input data and extract reports from Salesforce CRM system.
- Manage all FitLine mentor volunteers.
- Act as point of contact for volunteers and for partner organisations regarding FitLine.
- Develop relationships with LSPs, social prescribers, other local agencies and partner organisations, to enhance the expansion of FitLine.
- Identify further training opportunities for volunteer mentors.
- Organise volunteer mentor networking and upskilling sessions.
- Work closely with the Policy, Research and Evaluation Manager on the ongoing evaluation of the FitLine initiative
- Work closely with the Communications Manager on the promotion of FitLine through various media platforms.
- Manage the FitLine budget in conjunction with the Active Programme Manager.
- Organise and contribute to the organisation of events including training activities, seminars or conferences in conjunction with the Active Programme Manager and the Communications Manager.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected by staff and mentors
Please click here for a full job description
Please click here for a full person specification
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter, outlining how you match the above criteria to Margaret Roe by clicking 'apply now'
and come back later!