About the role
The Coach Education and Developer Lead will be responsible for ensuring the quality of community football coaching environments and the capacity of community coaches. Through the recruitment and retention of a Coach Developer workforce, the Coach Education and Developer Lead will educate, develop, and provide coaching resources which will be delivered and disseminated to community coaches to create behavioural change consistent with the National Coaching strategy.
AFL VIC Coach Developers aim to deliver coach learning methods (coach education, facilitation, assessing, mentoring and reflection) with club coaches within their coaching context at club level. Trained Coach Developers will work with clubs and club coaches to identify individual performance and learning needs, while targeting whole-club coaching development of coaches within participating clubs. Coaching behavioural change and creating a ‘player centred’ environment are key focuses of Coach Developers.
A day in the life of
- Coordinate the rollout of AFL VIC Coach Developer Program across Victoria
- Work closely with Regional Managers and Metro League CEOs to deliver against National Coaching Strategy
- With the State Coaching Manager oversee a Coach Developer workforce aimed to provide targeted support for coaches in their regions and leagues
- Support State Coaching Manager to contribute to state and national initiatives aimed at supporting coaches
- Lead the AFL VIC Coach Developer workforce to provide support and advice related to coaching matters
- Support State Coaching Manager in leading and delivering coaching seminars
- Assist external related forums relevant to the coaching portfolio, where required
- Develop and lead the delivery of quality AFL VIC Coach Developer programs through club workshops in an online or face to face setting
- Improve regional community club coaching programs, with a focus on enhancing the quality of the club coaching environment
- Improve knowledge of and access to coach learning and education resources in community clubs
- Contribute to key projects within and outside of core role
- Support and contribute to the success of the broader team
Our ideal team member
- High level administration skills and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to think outside the box and deliver high quality, exciting and innovating ways to help support the AFL VIC Coach Developer Program across Victoria
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, with high level of stakeholder management skills, especially negotiation
- Proficiency in use of computers, document presentation and of Microsoft applications which should include well developed word processing, spreadsheet and web-based skills, such as social media
- Ability to build strong working relationships and have influence – internally and externally
- Demonstrated personal initiative
- Ability to work effectively unsupervised whilst a member of a team
- Level 2 Coach AFL Accreditation, highly desirable
- Significant experience working in community sport as a coach or equivalent experience
- Experience working with community clubs and a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of community Football in Victoria
- Capacity to work outside normal business hours will be required from time to time
- Current Driver's Licence
- Play The Day Your Way – a flexible approach to your working life
- My Development – lean into the AFL’s My Development program consisting of on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring, and formal learning
- Play Well – access to our extensive Health and Wellbeing program centered around our belief in a healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy workplace
- My Benefits – with thanks to our AFL Corporate Partners, access great benefits and discounts
- AFL Silver Memberships – permanent team members can access AFL matches at Marvel Stadium and the MCG, enjoy and share the experience of our game with your family and friends!
We care deeply for our people at the AFL with our primary focus being to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all. We strongly encourage and support all AFL team members to be vaccinated (including by receiving booster doses as recommended by the Relevant Authority and/or ATAGI). In addition, we’re committed to utilising other preventative health and safety measures as appropriate and/or as directed by Relevant Authorities to reduce the risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in our workplaces.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!