Access Sport is a national charity with a vision that no one should be excluded from the transformational benefits of community sport. We are on a mission to make inclusion the norm in community sport by tackling the access barriers faced by disadvantaged and disabled children and young people.
We do this by training, equipping, and supporting community sports clubs, organisations, and volunteers to provide inclusive programmes, unleashing their potential to transform the lives of underserved young people in their local communities.
Location: This role will be based out of our London office (Bethnal Green) but locations near our other offices will be considered (Bristol, and Manchester).
- Proven experience of securing five figure donations from trusts and foundations.
- Experience of working with statutory funders.
- Experience of producing consistently outstanding, high quality, imaginative and compelling applications and reports.
- Experience of developing productive relationships with new trusts and foundations. Excellent writing, presenting and story-telling skills with an ability to clearly communicate research findings to different audiences (trusts/ foundations, national organisations, corporate partners, individual donors).
- Experience of successful stewardship of trusts and foundations.
- Experience in prospecting for new business opportunities via multiple research channels and stewarding donors to making a gift.
- Experience of effective grant management.
- Experience of working collaboratively with multiple teams across an organisation to produce tailored applications.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and an excellent communicator.
- Ability to project manage a series of on-going activities, handling several tasks simultaneously.
- Enthusiasm, energy and willingness to meet challenging demands and work to deadlines.
- Superb written and oral communication skills with a real talent for connecting and influencing people at all levels.
- Ambitious and self-motivated and able to use initiative.
- A collaborative team player with an ability to motivate colleagues.
- A passion for Access Sport's cause and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Innovative and able to adapt to emerging challenges and opportunities.
- An understanding of how to manage restricted and unrestricted funds.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 5pm Wednesday 12th April 2023.
To apply, please click 'Apply Now' to email our recruitment team the following documents:
- A copy of your CV.
- A covering letter that explains why you would like the role and demonstrates that you have the required skills, experience and personal attributes (no longer than 2 pages). Alternative formats are also welcomed e.g. video or audio.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which can be found here: www.accesssport.org.uk/join-the-team.
Candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be notified by 5pm 14th April 2023. First interviews are currently due to take place w/c 17th April 2023.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal discussion about the role please email [email protected] or call 020 7993 9883.
Access Sport CIO will only process and store your personal information (this means any information that identifies or could identify you) for the purposes of recruitment, after which it will be securely disposed.
and come back later!